Sunday, May 31, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
During the week I found a $50 note in a supermarket car park.
I figured if I handed it into the supermarket it would only go into some fat-cat's pocket.
And should you take $50 to the police station? I am not sure.
I took it home, but as I felt it wasn't mine I donated it.
I did however have a virtual shop around etsy to see what I could of bought with the 50 Australian dollars. Above ended up on my list.
From left to right, row by row:
- Wooden Hospital Patient by littlewoodpeople
- Tyrannosaurus Rex by owlyshadowpuppets
- Girl Scout Canteen from sweetshorn
- Handspun, handknit fleece lined mittens by SpinningWheelStudio
- Multicultural egg people by asherjasper
- Discovery print by jacksonswift
- Mugshot no. 1 print by doubleparlour
- Sketchbook stories 3 by thegoodmachinery
- Despues card by essimar
- Cute dog Japanese fabric from karaku
- Two-tone Rabbit Natural Wood Brooch by brightcolorart
- Energizing zippy pouch by oreaduffy
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
In my normal never- finish, leave-it-to-the-last-minute fashion I rushed to submit one entry for this project. Yeah I made it into the book, but so did everyone who submitted at least one thing....
Anyway it is making me laugh today. I should cut that toenail!
I should also learn.
Monday, May 18, 2009
1. first in the nature feels covered stone series, 2. knitted afghan, 3. Tough Knit, 4. pear bird, 5. knit knot tree, 6. Lornas-Argyle-Det03, 7. Knitting, 8. Illustration Friday: String, 9. Untitled, 10. Erma's Knitting Bag 01, 11. it's a (knitted) poop!, 12. The Knitted House
I have been very one-dimensional in my craft desires of late. All I want to do is knit.
Some knitting via flickr above.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
I was lucky to win the three buttons giveaway. Angela posted the loot as a surprise wrapped up in her beautifully made furoshiki. (Yes, I will be re-using to wrap other gifts). She is so very generous and I adored the collection of goodies.
- Peta Pledger bird brooch
- Apple buttons, with fantastic detail in the leaves
- All in a day's worth zine by Dawn Tan
- Cute Japanese fabric and more buttons
- Itty bitty bubba jam - too too cute, especially when I put it with the big versions I already eat
- And a collection of joyful bits and bobs to inspire and make me smile
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I have a new-found local friend who knits. Knitting afternoons with teapots of tea are a-go.
Previously I only had one "knitting friend" and now she lives hours away, hence the joy in coming across a proximal kindred knitter.
Adoring fiber creations by Nicole Gastonguay. (You must seek out the sardines).
Monday, May 11, 2009
This is my prototype bottle.
Our friends are giving a bottle of sparkles, (made by the groom) to each of their wedding guests to say thank you. Cute idea!
I am thrilled that they have asked me to design the label.
Still stewing it over in my head, but will be posting the progress.
New ♥ music, the middle east.
Friday, May 8, 2009
I received my chunky disposable camera in the mail today for the A million Little Pictures project. Some thinking to do about my concept, but I am also looking forward to finding out what exploitable attributes the disposable has.
Happy weekend everybody.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
The 40 hour famine hasn't really hit my radar since I was a child or young teenager.
Funny how trust in your ability to change the world diminishes as you get older.
Ambitiously there is a challenge of 50 days living outside and of no speaking happening at The Strychnine Tree to raise awareness and money to help fight malnutrition in Bangladesh.
Her video got me thinking about both that indefatigable attitude/drive of teenagers and the ability of the internet.
Although one of the principles is about walking in someone elese shoes, is the fact it made me think and pledge a bit of money to World Vision enough, even if she doesn't see it through? You can donate here too.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Krissy of Paper Schmaper collected answers to what happiness is and with help of Pearl (her lovingly restored letterpress), created a precious debossed card featuring some of our answers.
I received mine in the mail today, it is so precise and well made, even the envelope has a pretty flocked lining. Available in her shop here.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
4 months left to get this baby blanket finished. It may just be the first blanket i complete.
(Also I need some help. Have any Australian makers found product insurance that will cover them for online selling?)