Monday, September 29, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
A little bit ago I bought Edison Steelhead's Lost Portfolio: Exploratory Studies of Girls and Rabbits by Renee French for a bunny obsessed lovely. (Originally found via this apple).
When ordering I received a copy of Nerd Burglar from Sparkplug Comic Books and in the pages found the sweet but interesting work of Jennifer Parks. Have a scroll around her blog.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
We were looking for the ' right' bottle to dispense our oil with for a while. We saw something similar at a special restaurant and found some pear nectar that came in the perfect bottles. Unfortunately we hate drinking pear nectar, but now have a lot of it. Any suggestion for uses? Cocktails?
Hand blown and hand cut milk bottles by Sam Sweet. (She feels by making them an object to be treasured promotes the re-use of them).
Milk bottle lamp.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
A lot of my posts lately have been self-centred so I am consciously making an effort to spread some love and say to you, go this way:
- Paul Urich is my new favourite. He is a bit illusive online but scroll down to Martha here.
- Junpei Inoue
- Heisuke Kitazawa
- Jens Lekman - after a few years of adoring his music we finally bought an album. Very, very good!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Famapa tagged me with this fun what's on your walls tag.
Our walls are a definite work in progress.
I am counting our fridge doors as walls! In the quest to have adult walls all blu-tacked pretties now have to reside on the fridge.
I tag Ashley, Esti and Mieke Willems.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Printing by hand by Lena Corwin was the last element of my most excellent birthday pressie from eb. (So many great techniques).
We came home one day to find that massive sack on our doorstep. What was the postal service thinking, a little overkill for two books huh.
What should I use the sack for?
Fine print: Two copies of the book were accidentally ordered so if I make a couple of things over the weekend there might be my first blog giveaway soon.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Eb was gorgeous and aside from a new snowboard and bindings gave me a brown box full of wonderful birthday pressies. Brick-and-mortar shopping in town here is limited so I was more than happy to supply him with a list of things to choose from the internets. Didn't he select well, I am smitten.
- Buttcrack character by the talented Sandra Juto. Moustache.
- Lovely sentiments in an Essimar card. (Do you know how cool she and her work are!)
- Adorable Soop rings. (The puppet shows I can have when wearing them all.)
- Reebok 86 Brooch by Emma Grace. I love, love, love it!
- WOELV Gris Ep. (Genevieve Castree). Special drawings grace the booklet too and a real piece of string is hand-wedged into the cover. The little things huh.