Monday, July 6, 2009

yarn-bombing

































































In a case of good-timing I happened to be hanging around the National Gallery whilst Magda of Knitta Please is visiting the gallery, sharing some of her "guerrilla" knitting.
She gave an intriguing artist talk about the convergence of her knitting with street art and the impact she wants it to have in urban environments. Today she was completing her knit-tagging installation.

In haste, I have contributed a knitted piece for Magda, Denise Litchfield and Indigenous artists to use during this week as part of a community project to transform the entrance with knitting.

6 comments:

BEESTLYproducts said...

i wish i was half as awesome as magda.

Umatji said...

Looks great - mind you in my baby bump brain I at first thought there was yarn being pelted at people from above and the fella in the hoodie had been knocked down! I kind of like that idea also!

Tania said...

Love love love this. Who would ever have thought that knitting would bring out the rebel in me.

Evie said...

fantastic, what a pleasure to have Magda in oz. Which I was up that way to see the NGA exhibit too.

edward and lilly said...

That is soooo cool, I didn't realise she was over here.

dreeeeeens said...

hi! i walk through camperdown memorial park to get home from work and there has been some guerilla stitch going on in the tree branches! is this the same crew? ooh lala!