Today I moseyed around the handmade market for a few hours. There was a huge number of people there, so surely a fantastic day for the makers who were selling. I picked up a few goodies, and some supplies as well. Honestly, it was lovely to be saturated in the handmade, and the quality of work and finishing in most cases was spot-on, however a lot was left to be desired on the originality front. (It was hard to not become the handmade police as a few copy-cats were selling items made obviously from other people's original designs).
Some of the cool kids that impressed me though were:
- Schmooks collage style prints and cards
- Formosa hand-printed textiles
- amanda-rae hand-printed textiles
- Electric Firefly Design & Creation lamps made from recycled plastics
- Ro-junique's natural yarn
- jackson & kerr organic t-shirts