Saturday, March 7, 2009

when the dust jacket comes off


























An early start to a Saturday meant I could sneak to the op-shop. I found some books for eb and his dad, (history of wine in medicine and how to build a pizza oven, riveting for some), but found myself these treausures. Hiding behind an ugly dust jacket was this magnificent book cover. My new favourite thing is this small bakelite sewing case, the graphic of the sewing machine is the best, so modern for something quite old.
It was full of feet that may or may not fit my old singer, will have to test them out.


So there are a lot of things I want to get done today, or should. Don't know where to start.
Papermaking, cleaning, market research, grocery shopping, washing, hemming my jeans. If anyone elese out there suffers from jeans much longer than their legs then I find this the best and easiest way to hem them.

Have a good weekend, anyone have anything exciting planned?

4 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That sewing case is amazing. Have a lovely weekend.

ashley said...

great finds and trick for hemming.

nothing exciting for my week-end unless tea, and writing sounds good!

happy saturday,
x ashley

BEESTLYproducts said...

i adore that book cover. i hate dust jackets.

i may need to try that hemming tutorial out, the jeans i wore today were quite long.

lili scratchy said...

thank you for your commentary!
have a good week-end,